Pan Roasted Bacon & Garlic Brussel Sprouts
1 1/2 lbbrussel sprouts
1/4 lbfather's tomato blt bacon (or bacon of choice)
1 tsplemon zest, grated
3-4 largegarlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper
·kosher salt to taste (optional)
How to Make Pan Roasted Bacon & Garlic Brussel Sprouts
- Wash and trim brussel sprouts. Cut tips off and slice in half
- Cut bacon into 1/2 inch strips
- In a large heated frying pan add the evoo and bacon pieces. Fry bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Toast garlic about 1 minute until golden brown. remove and set aside
- Add brussel sprouts, thyme, lemon zest, crushed red pepper, and salt (if needed) to pan, don’t crowd in pan. Pan roast brussel sprouts about 5 to 6 on each side until golden brown
- Add bacon and roasted garlic to the brussel sprouts.