Amber's Old Fashioned Spinach w/ a Flare!
This was orginally made with Poke, though it is hard to find, as it grows wild.The only difference is in the taste. Spinach is not as bitter tasting as wild Poke.....~
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2/ tspsalt/pepper or to taste
dash(es)bacon bits or chips of bacon
How to Make Amber's Old Fashioned Spinach w/ a Flare!
- In a lg. sauce pan, start melting the stick of Margarine over low heat.
- In a collander, place the opened cans of spinach. Let drain for a couple of minutes, then with your hands take and squeeze the excess liquid still in it. Your spinch needs to be squiz until most is dry.
- Add your spinach to margarine and turn up on med. heat.Let cook for at least 3 to 5 minutes, stirring the butter into the spinach.
- Add salt & pepper. Stir altogether.
- With a wooden spoon, make a well in the center of the spinach. Break eggs and drop into the well.
Just as the whites starts to appear, stir the egg mixture through the spinach and let cook for 4 to 5 minutes, without stirring.
- last, add the Pepper Sauce and mix well. Cover with a lid and turn down the burner to low. Allow to simmer at least 15 minutes, then serve.
- This dish is good served with Baked Pork Chops, Baked Sweet Potatoes and Garlic Bread. Though taste good also with most any meal!!!!
You may want to use more pepper sauce as you make this the next time....Um~