My Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 2 oz
- thinly sliced pancetta or 4 slices of chrisp bacon (as desired)
- 1 lb
- brussel sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make My Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
- 1In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and vinegar and mix well. Set aside.
- 2Cook panchetta or bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- 3Remove pancetta or bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Place pancetta or bacon on paper towels and crumble.
- 4Add brussels sprouts to hot drippings in pan and saute four minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 5Remove pan from heat and drizzle the brusses sprouts with the vinegar mixture, stirring to loosen browned bits.
- 6Spoon mixture into a bowl and crumble panchetta or bacon, nuts and pepper tossing well.
- 7Serve warm with any meat meal of your choice.