My Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
1 Tbspbrown sugar
2 Tbspapple cider vinegar
2 ozthinly sliced pancetta or 4 slices of chrisp bacon (as desired)
1 lbbrussel sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 Tbsptoasted chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
How to Make My Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and vinegar and mix well. Set aside.
- Cook panchetta or bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove pancetta or bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Place pancetta or bacon on paper towels and crumble.
- Add brussels sprouts to hot drippings in pan and saute four minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove pan from heat and drizzle the brusses sprouts with the vinegar mixture, stirring to loosen browned bits.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl and crumble panchetta or bacon, nuts and pepper tossing well.
- Serve warm with any meat meal of your choice.