My Red Beet, Feta Cheese, & Walnut Salad
4 mediumred beets
6 oz(about 4 cups) of arugula or spinach
1/4 creduced fat balsamic vinaigrett, such as ken's light options
1/4 cchopped fresh flat leat parsley
1 Tbspchopped fresh chives
·sea salt and groud freah pepper to taste
1/2 ccrumbled goat or feta cheese (38 less calories if you omit the cheese)
1/ cchopped toasted walnuts, (optional)
How to Make My Red Beet, Feta Cheese, & Walnut Salad
- Rince off beets and prick the skin of the beets with a fork.
- Place the beets on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high until tender, about 12 minutes or you could wrap them in foil and roast them in the oven for 1 hour.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel the beets and cut them into bite size wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine the beets, arugula or spinach, vinaigrette, parsley and chives.
- Toss thoroughly to combine and season with salt and papper to taste.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates.
- Top each salad with crumbled goat or feta cheee and toasted walnuts and serve.