★★★★★ 1 vote5
·3 dozen medium sized mushrooms
·1/4 cup butter
·1 tbs flour
·1/2 tsp salt
·1/2 cup light cream
·2 tsp minced chives
·1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make Mushroom-Stuffed Mushrooms
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth; remove stems; reserve caps.
- Chop stems finely to make about 2 cups.
- Saute chopped stems in butter in a large skillet.
- Stir in flour an salt: add cream and cook, stirring until thick.
- Stir in chives and lemon juice.
- Stuff caps with the filling and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees (pre-heated oven) for 8 minutes or until the filling starts to bubble and the mushrooms are tender-crisp.