★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 dozen medium sized mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbs flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 tsp minced chives
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make Mushroom-Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth; remove stems; reserve caps.
- 2Chop stems finely to make about 2 cups.
- 3Saute chopped stems in butter in a large skillet.
- 4Stir in flour an salt: add cream and cook, stirring until thick.
- 5Stir in chives and lemon juice.
- 6Stuff caps with the filling and place on cookie sheet.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees (pre-heated oven) for 8 minutes or until the filling starts to bubble and the mushrooms are tender-crisp.