★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted for sauteing
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, sliced into strips
- 1 medium
- green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic (packed in olive oil is what i used)
- 1 small
- zucchini cut into small chuncks
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- several c
- fresh spinach or equivalent bagged, frozen (not boxed)
- 1/4 c
- good garlic/herb viniagrette dressing (i used the one from aldi with the garlic cloves in it)
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE!
How to Make Monica's Dreamed-up Veggie Saute
- 1The objective of this is not to have a pile of indistinguishable mush on the plate, but gently cooked vegetables:
- 2Saute in butter over medium to medium-high heat the onion and green pepper, add garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3Add zucchini as the onion and green pepper start to soften, cover and let cook a few minutes, stirring occasionally until the zucchini begins to get tender.
- 4Add the spinach, if using fresh, allow to wilt, covered. If using frozen, allow to thaw and heat through uncovered so there is not too much liquid.
- 5When all is just cooked, add vinaigrette and, too cut the sharpness, just a drizzle of honey.
- 6Cook a few more minutes, just to incorporate all flavors.