Mom's Creamed Green Beans
2 can(s)green beans (drained)
·milk (enough to cover beans in pan)
1 pinchbasil, dried
1 pinchlawry's salt
1 pinchgarlic and herb seasoning
smallamount of water to make paste
How to Make Mom's Creamed Green Beans
- Drain water from cans of green beans and place in saucepan
- cover beans with milk. I use 2%, but you can use whole milk
- Add seasonings and margarine
- bring to slow boil, stirring every few seconds
- make a paste with 2 tbls. of flour and enough water to be almost gluelike.
- Slowly add paste to bean mixture, making sure to whisk in with a fork. Boil for at least a minute.
- For added flavor, you can use onions, and/or real bacon pieces.