Middle Eastern Okra and Zucchini in Tomato Sauce
2 mediumonions, diced to any size desired
2 tspminced garlic
2zucchini or yellowsquash, or mix of both
24 ozfrozen okra
2 can(s)diced tomatoes, 28 oz each
·penzey's spices turkish seasoning, or any middle eastern spice blend
How to Make Middle Eastern Okra and Zucchini in Tomato Sauce
- Saute onions in olive oil until they begin to brown over medium heat.
- Once browning begins, add garlic, and stir for a minute or so.
- Add sliced zucchini, and cook for about 2 minutes or until zucchini begins to soften just a tiny bit. Add thawed okra.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with several palmfuls of Penzey's Turkish seasoning, or any Middle Eastern seasoning blend including cumin, garlic, pepper, and salt. Stir to coat all vegetables, and cook for several minutes.
- Once the spices start becoming fragrant, add two cans of diced tomatoes and stir well. Reduce heat and cook for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how soft you like your vegetables, and how thick you want your sauce to be.
- Right before serving, add the juice of the lemon, fresh parsley, and stir.
- Enjoy!!! Serve with kebabs, lamb burgers, couscous, pita bread, etc.