Middle Eastern Okra and Zucchini in Tomato Sauce
- olive oil
- 2 medium
- onions, diced to any size desired
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- zucchini or yellowsquash, or mix of both
- 24 oz
- frozen okra
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes, 28 oz each
- 1 bunch
- penzey's spices turkish seasoning, or any middle eastern spice blend
How to Make Middle Eastern Okra and Zucchini in Tomato Sauce
- 1Saute onions in olive oil until they begin to brown over medium heat.
- 2Once browning begins, add garlic, and stir for a minute or so.
- 3Add sliced zucchini, and cook for about 2 minutes or until zucchini begins to soften just a tiny bit. Add thawed okra.
- 4Sprinkle the vegetables with several palmfuls of Penzey's Turkish seasoning, or any Middle Eastern seasoning blend including cumin, garlic, pepper, and salt. Stir to coat all vegetables, and cook for several minutes.
- 5Once the spices start becoming fragrant, add two cans of diced tomatoes and stir well. Reduce heat and cook for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how soft you like your vegetables, and how thick you want your sauce to be.
- 6Right before serving, add the juice of the lemon, fresh parsley, and stir.
- 7Enjoy!!! Serve with kebabs, lamb burgers, couscous, pita bread, etc.