Mediterranean Mixed Pepper Salad
2 largered bell peppers
2 largeyellow bell peppers
1/2 colive oil, extra virgin, divided
1 largeonion, thinly sliced
2 clovegarlic, crushed
1 tsplemon juice
·salt and pepper, to taste
·chopped parsley, for garnish
How to Make Mediterranean Mixed Pepper Salad
- Seed the peppers and cut into 2 or 3 large pieces each. Place under the broiler, skin side up, until black blisters form. Remove peppers from oven and immediately place them in either a covered bowl or a paper or plastic bag for about 10 to 15 minutes. After steaming in the bowl or bag the peppers will be easy to peel.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion slices. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes until softened and translucent. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Remove the peppers from bag or bowl and peel off the skins. Discard the skins and cut the peppers into fairly thin slices.
- Place the peppers, cooked onions and any pan drippings into a bowl. Add the garlic, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and marinate for 2 to 3 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Garnish the salad with chopped parsley and serve as an appetizer or to accompany cold meats.