1 to 2 Tbspgood olive oil
1 tspmrs dash original seasoning
1/2each: salt, pepper
How to Make Mallory Mo's Favorite Grilled Asparagus
- Take fresh Asparagus, wash well, drain. Cut off about 2/3 inches from ends, using only middle, top section. (the ends are too tough.
- In a Med bowl, large for two bunches of Asparagus. Add olive oil over asparagus, using your hands toss it up, make sure its evenly coated them all. Add the seasonings, You can use your hands again as I do, or use tongs, Toss them til seasonings are all over. * you can add any seasonings you like, if you prefer spicy use mrs dash spicy.
- Using a Grilling Pan, Add your Asparagus grilling on med high temps turning several times until they've reached the doneness your prefer. We do ours til we have great grilled marks. NOTE:*you can find at most stores around grilling section. It has handles usually and holes to allow grilling and not loose your items* IF you do not have one of these pans, You can easily take tin foil make several slots with a fork and cook it that way.
ENJOY while they are still nice, warm.. YUM YUM!
- Also: You can prepare up to a hr ahead of time, with olive oil, seasonings, keep in sealed container in fridge, Let sit out to gain room temp before Grilling. * I've never tried to keep longer than an hr... so i do not know if it will be better or worse? or Grilled cold from fridge either.
- A EASY WAY TO KEEP your Asparagus for a few days is, i keep it in the rubber band bunches, and put in a bowl of water stand them up in it, i change the water often, and it has kept my asparagus for several days until i wanted to use them, this is great esp when they come on sale, is not necessarily something you want to eat back to back LOL ... so its not wasted or goes bad.