Loaded Roasted Asparagus
Mr. Pete !
All photos belong to Mr. Pete's Cajun Spices LLC.
- 1 bunch
- asparagus, fresh
- 1 pkg
- bacon, uncooked
- 2 tsp
- mr. pete's cajun seasoning
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper
How to Make Loaded Roasted Asparagus
- 1Once your asparagus stems are rinsed, bend the bottoms individually until they each snap. This allows you to discard the tough, meaty portions of the stems from the bottoms. The flavorful upper stems are shown in photo. Drizzle the asparagus tops with cooking oil and give them a dash of salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat stems entirely.
- 2Wrap 1 slice of bacon around several stalks of asparagus (4 or 5) from the bottoms in a spiral motion toward the tops of the stalks. Sprinkle 1 tsp of Mr. Pete's Cajun Seasoning over the top, and place in a coated baking dish with non-stick spray. Place in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes uncovered.
Purchase Mr. Pete's Cajun Seasoning online: mrpetescajunspices.com/...seasonings
- 3After 30 minutes of baking, remove dish from oven, turn bacon-wrapped asparagus over and season with remaining Mr. Pete's Cajun Seasoning. Return to the oven for another 25 minutes.
Once cooked, remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the entire dish, allow to sit for a few minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
Serve on the side of your favorite dish with a spritz of lemon juice on top.