Kristi's "famous" green beans-southern style
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 can(s)
- glory seasoned green beans
- 2 bag(s)
- frozen cut green beans
- 2-3 Tbsp
- bacon grease
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Kristi's "famous" green beans-southern style
- 1In a large pot pour both cans of green beans with juices and add both bags of frozen green beans. You won't need to add water at this point.
- 2Add in your bacon grease and butter. If you are watching your cholesterol or are heart healthy--then this is not for you, I'm sorry. It isn't called "southern style" without bacon grease and real butter!
- 3Sprinkle your salt and pepper to your preference and stir until all combined. Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer and place your lid and allow to vent.
- 4Simmer on low for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally. If you need to add water, only add a small amount. You don't want these watery. Blech! It'll be hard but try to keep your composure and southern etiquette while these are cooking. The aroma is heavenly and mesmerizing. It'll make you say and do things you normally wouldn't! When your beans look limp and dark green in color-they're done. Pour a heap onto your plate and enjoy!