Krautfleckerl- Hungarian Cabbage and Noodles
How to Make Krautfleckerl- Hungarian Cabbage and Noodles
- Mix the salt and cabbage together and let stand 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Heat the butter in a deep skillet, add the onions, cabbage, sugar and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until cabbage is browned, about 25/30 minutes.
- Add the noodles and toss to blend thoroughly. Serve with sour cream that has been drained in cheesecloth.
- To make this a main dish meal add Kielbasa or cubed ham to cabbage when frying.