Kluski (Polish Noodles and Sauerkraut)
I've realized over the years that ethnic recipes not only stuck to your ribs, but went to your waist and hips as well!!
How to Make Kluski (Polish Noodles and Sauerkraut)
- 1Add a can of sauerkraut and 1 can water to pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer and cook for about an hour until sauerkraut is tender.
- 2While the sauerkraut is cooking, boil noodles according to package directions.
- 3Remove salt pork from rind and dice.
Put in hot skillet and fry on medium heat until pork is brown and drippings are rendered. Remove pork and discard, keeping the drippings.
- 4Drain sauerkraut well and return to pot. Add drained noodles gradually until you have a good equal mix.
Add a little pork drippings and stir.
- 5Stir gently and cook on low heat.
Add more drippings if needed.
Add salt and pepper to taste, AFTER tasting sauerkraut.
simmer on low heat for about 1/2 hour stirring frequently, until flavors are blended.
Serve hot with Kielbasa or smoked ham.