Kathyjo's Baked Banana Squash
Kathey Jo Hickey-Van Otten
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 small
- banana squash -cut in half or quarters
- 1/2 stick
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Kathyjo's Baked Banana Squash
- 1Take your pieces of squash and wash them. Place in sprayed pan with the inside facing up. With fork, make small punctures over the inside of squash
- 2Melt butter and brush it over the squash flesh, and sprinkle the cinnamon over the butter.
- 3Place in oven at 350 degrees and bake, for about 40 minutes. Baste it several times with more butter.
- 4Test the squash with a fork or knife inserted and if it goes through and is all soft, then it is done. The outside layer of squash will be soft too. If not, bake a few more minutes until it is. I like mine to just begin to get a nice crust on the top.
- 5Take out of oven and let it cool a bit. It has a nice sweet flavor to it and the butter with cinnamon just makes it better. Delicious!!