- 4 c
- kale, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, can use in "misto" see note
- fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, to taste
How to Make Kale Chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- 2Rinse kale and spin in a salad spinner to get as much liquid off as possible. Then dry any extra liquid with a paper towel.
- 3Lay kale in an even layer on prepared baking sheet.
Spray Kale with your misto (full of olive oil) and then sprinkle heavily with some fresh cracked pepper.
Do NOT salt your kale now, save that for after it is out of the oven. The salt actually keeps the kale from maximum crispyness.
- 4Bake kale for 12-14 minutes, checking at 12.
Using a pair of tongs, touch the kale, and listen. When the kale is ready you will hear it crackle when touched.
Becareful when you add the salt. A little goes a long way. You can always add more...do less at first.
A Misto is a piece of equipment you put olive oil into and as you spray the olive oil will come out as a mist. If you do NOT have one, don't worry..use your hands to make sure olive oil covers the leaves on both sides. Don't add too much...you only need a slight covering. Think delicate and light handed with this recipe..It will come out wonderfully. I HAVE FOUND THE KALE TASTES BEST WARM, RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN.