JALAPENO CREAMED CORN CASSEROLE
- cans creamed corn
- red bell pepper chopped fine
- thin green onions chopped fine
- cup corn meal
- level teaspoon garlic powder
- eggs beaten
- cup sugar
- stick of real butter melted
- chopped jalapeno slices from jar
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- teaspoon cornstarch
How to Make JALAPENO CREAMED CORN CASSEROLE
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2.5 quart pyrex dish.
- 2Melt a stick of butter over low heat in a small pan.
- 3Fine chop the red bell pepper, green onions and the jalapeno slices, set aside.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl add creamed corn, corn meal, cornstarch, sugar, garlic powder and stir to combine.
- 5Beat the two eggs and add to the mixture.
- 6Add fine chopped red bell pepper, green onions and jalapeno slices, add the melted butter, sprinkle with the red pepper flakes and stir.
- 7Pour into greased dish. Bake at 350 degrees, depending on your oven, 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until mixture is set and a lovely golden brown. When it is done, it pulls slightly away from the dish and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Enjoy!