JALAPENO CREAMED CORN CASSEROLE
2cans creamed corn
1/4red bell pepper chopped fine
3thin green onions chopped fine
1/2cup corn meal
1/4level teaspoon garlic powder
1stick of real butter melted
3chopped jalapeno slices from jar
1/8teaspoon red pepper flakes
How to Make JALAPENO CREAMED CORN CASSEROLE
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2.5 quart pyrex dish.
- Melt a stick of butter over low heat in a small pan.
- Fine chop the red bell pepper, green onions and the jalapeno slices, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add creamed corn, corn meal, cornstarch, sugar, garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Beat the two eggs and add to the mixture.
- Add fine chopped red bell pepper, green onions and jalapeno slices, add the melted butter, sprinkle with the red pepper flakes and stir.
- Pour into greased dish. Bake at 350 degrees, depending on your oven, 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until mixture is set and a lovely golden brown. When it is done, it pulls slightly away from the dish and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Enjoy!