Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread - YUM!
- 3 box
- jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 3 can(s)
- white corn (11 oz cans - drain the juice)
- 8 pkg
- splenda (or sugar if you like but would use less)
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar
- fresh jalapenos diced uniformly
How to Make Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread - YUM!
- 1Spray 12" cast iron skillet (approximately 2.5" high) with Pam or a non-stick spray generously.
- 2Pre-heat oven to the temperature on the side of the Jiffy Box Directions(I don't have one handy sorry but I believe it's 425 or 450) for cornbread.
- 3Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and pour into skillet. Bake and test at 1 hour with a cake tester. It will ge brown on top and rise at 35 minutes and appear done but it's not.
- 4Bake for about 1:15 but it is important to check with a cake tester. Allow to rest before cutting so it doesn't fall apart. You can serve with butter but it's perfect alone. ENJOY!
- 5I cut this into "pie slices" so the how many it will serve will seriously depend on how big your slices are... I would recommend SMALL slices as you can always come back for seconds (or thirds). It's pretty filling.