- 2 bunch
- broccoli, fresh
- 1 pkg
- grape tomatoes halved
- 1 can(s)
- black olives sliced
- 1/2 small
- red onion diced
- 8 oz
- mozzarella cheese cut in small squares
- 3/4 c
- italian salad dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Italian Broccoli Salad
- 1Cut Broccoli into bite size pieces, we use all of the broccoli but you can use just the florets if you want, you may need another bunch. Steam for about 15 minutes then remove and put in a bowl of ice cold water for 10 seconds remove immediately and drain fully. This will give it the bright green color we love and stop the cooking process immediately so that the broccoli is not to soft, you want it al dente, not mushy.
- 2While broccoli is cooking,slice grape tomatoes in half. You can either get a can of already sliced olives or get a can of olives and slice, we choose to get the unsliced as there are more ounces in the can. Dice 1/2 of a small red onion.cut mozzarella into small squares.
- 3By this time your broccoli should be fully drained if not lay out on paper towels and pat until most of the water is drained.
- 4Put all ingredients into a bowl and add 3/4 c of italian salad dressing and salt and pepper to taste. You may need to add a little more dressing after it chills. Chill for at least 30 minutes. and enjoy!