I Want More Coleslaw!
1small to medium head of cabbage, shredded
1medium carrot, shredded
2medium apples of your choice, peeled and chopped
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1/2 chellman's mayonnaise
1/4 cheavy cream, half -n-half, or evaporated milk
1 Tbspprepared yellow mustard
1 Tbspapple cider vinegar
2 Tbspsugar or splenda
·dash of salt
·paprika for garnishing
How to Make I Want More Coleslaw!
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage and rinse head of cabbage with cold water; drain, then grate in blender. Rinse carrot in water, use a peeler to scrape clean, then grate. This rinsing will make all the difference in the world to the flavor of the coleslaw!
- Clean apples, peel and chop. Place in a small bowl and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Set aside. Note: You may leave the skin on for more color, but our family likes the peeled apples.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded cabbage and carrot.
- In another small bowl add the mayonnaise, heavy cream, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and dash of salt. Whisk together. The cream makes it creamier and helps to fluff it up! Taste and make adjustments with sugar and or vinegar.
- Drain the apples so you are not adding lemon juice to the slaw. The juice keeps the apples white.
- Add the apples and optional raisins, if using, to the slaw and gently stir to blend. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and gently fold ingredients together.
- Place in a pretty clear glass dish. Sprinkle paprika on top. Cover and chill in refrigerator several hours before serving to blend these wonderful flavors!