~How to Roast Red Peppers~
Peppers are low in calories but rich in antioxidant vitamins A and C.
Jarred roasted peppers are very tasty, but homemade roasted peppers taste fresher and do not have added ingredients. These can be kept in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- peppers, red-orange or yellow
How to Make ~How to Roast Red Peppers~
- 1Preheat broiler. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.
- 2Place skin side up on a foil lined baking sheet. Flatten with hand.
- 3Broil for 15 min., till blackened. Place in a zip closed bag; seal. Let stand for 15 min. Peel, add salt if desired.
- 4Place in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
I like to use them on sandwiches, or in salads, scrambled eggs and my feta-chicken burgers (recipe posted on this website).