Honey-Soaked Pear and Gorgonzola Wrap with Balsamic Strawberries
The picture is after I took a bite; it was so good I almost forgot to take the pic. My favorite part is the honey pears coupled with the gorgonzola, and the balsamic strawberries on their own were divine.
1romain lettuce leaf
1 1/2 Tbsphoney
·handful of crumbled gorgonzola
·handful of crumbled new york style (brand) pita chips (ranch flavor)
1whole waterchestnut (i couldn't find fresh, so i used canned... very good)
1 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
·couple of tofu chunks (optional)
How to Make Honey-Soaked Pear and Gorgonzola Wrap with Balsamic Strawberries
- Wash romaine, pear and strawberry. Pat dry. Peel pear and slice into medium-thin disks. Place pear in bowl and add honey. Mix and set aside.
- Slice strawberry into medium-thin slices, then slice those in half; set aside.
- If you are using the tofu, further dice the chunks into mini pieces; set aside.
- Put a handful of the pita chips into a baggie, and crush with your hand (don't make them too small; just break them up). I tried the "Garden Fresh Ranch" flavor of the New York Style Pita Chips.
- Slice waterchestnut into thin slices.
- Assemble wrap: Into romaine leaf, add the honey-soaked pears, then top with a handful of gorgonzola cheese crumbles (if using tofu, add it now). Top that with the waterchestnut, then the strawberry slices; drizzle balsamic vinegar over the tops of the strawberries. Top with crumbled chips, wrap it up and enjoy!