4 mediumcarrots, washed and hard ends removed
1-2 Tbsplemon juice (from about 1/2 a lemon)
1 tspdry dill weed or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped
2 Tbspsalted butter or margarine, cut into small dice
How to Make Honey-Dill Shredded Carrots
- Shred the carrots using the shredding blade of a food processor or the large holes on a grater.
- Put the carrots in a microwaveable dish with cover.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss together to mix.
- Cover and microwave on high for two minutes. Toss to mix again.
- Cover and microwave another two minutes. Toss and test doneness and seasonings.
- If necessary, adjust the seasonings, cover and microwave for another minute.
- The carrots are done when they are still a bit crunchy but have lost their raw flavor. Serve as a hot and steamy side dish.