Healthy Baked Onion Rings
- 2 medium
- vidalia or other sweet onions, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 1/2 c
- low fat buttermilk
- 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- ground flax seed
- 1/4 c
- crushed corn flakes
How to Make Healthy Baked Onion Rings
- 1Place onion slices in a bowl with a lid. Pour buttermilk over onions. Cover, refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- 3In a shallow dish or ziploc bag, combine Panko, bread crumbs, ground flax, and crushed corn flakes. Dip each soaked onion ring into the crumbs and cover well. Place rings on prepared pan and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- 4Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Nutritional Info--
94 calories per serving
1.8g. fat (0.6g saturated)
15g Carbs (1.5g dietary fiber 6.5g sugars)