Grilled Vegetables with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Glaze
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a wonderful way to enjoy your veggies! We've both roasted and grilled the vegetables at different occasions and they turn out deliciously either way. Enjoy! The Test Kitchen
- 1/2 c
- olive oil (may need less)
- large onions (mix it up, red, yellow, green)
- zucchini - sliced about 1/2 inch thick circles
- red peppers (any pepper you like - mix it up); stemmed, seeded and quartered
- eggplant - sliced about 1/4 inch thick circles
- 3 or 4
- carrots slices anyway you like
- any other vegetable of your choice (mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.)
- 1/2 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz
- goat cheese (or soft cheese of your choice); bleu cheese works great too
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful of pine nuts or nuts of your choice (optional)
How to Make Grilled Vegetables with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Glaze
- 1Wash and cut all vegetables and cut. Place in a large bowl, plastic Ziploc bag or vessel of choice.
- 2Add 1/2 the olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix well. (I have also marinated the veggies in Italian dressing and other combinations). Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 3If grilling outside, preheat your grill to medium-low and brush grate with olive oil. Indoor grill, the same. Place vegetables on grill for 2-4 minutes each side, turn.
If roasting in the oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees (I have a hot oven so I usually have it at 325). Lightly coat pan with olive oil and cook until each side has a nice golden brown color; turn.
- 4While veggies are grilling/roasting, heat balsamic vinegar in a saucepan and reduce by at least half.
- 5Arrange cooked veggies on a platter, top with goat cheese and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top and nuts (optional).
- 6Serve with crunchy bread, warm, soft pita/flat bread.