Grilled Vegetables with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Glaze
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a wonderful way to enjoy your veggies! We've both roasted and grilled the vegetables at different occasions and they turn out deliciously either way. Enjoy! The Test Kitchen
1/2 colive oil (may need less)
2large onions (mix it up, red, yellow, green)
4zucchini - sliced about 1/2 inch thick circles
4red peppers (any pepper you like - mix it up); stemmed, seeded and quartered
1eggplant - sliced about 1/4 inch thick circles
3 or 4carrots slices anyway you like
·any other vegetable of your choice (mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.)
1/2 cbalsamic vinegar
8 ozgoat cheese (or soft cheese of your choice); bleu cheese works great too
·kosher salt and pepper to taste
·1 handful of pine nuts or nuts of your choice (optional)
How to Make Grilled Vegetables with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Glaze
- Wash and cut all vegetables and cut. Place in a large bowl, plastic Ziploc bag or vessel of choice.
- Add 1/2 the olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix well. (I have also marinated the veggies in Italian dressing and other combinations). Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- If grilling outside, preheat your grill to medium-low and brush grate with olive oil. Indoor grill, the same. Place vegetables on grill for 2-4 minutes each side, turn.
If roasting in the oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees (I have a hot oven so I usually have it at 325). Lightly coat pan with olive oil and cook until each side has a nice golden brown color; turn.
- While veggies are grilling/roasting, heat balsamic vinegar in a saucepan and reduce by at least half.
- Arrange cooked veggies on a platter, top with goat cheese and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top and nuts (optional).
- Serve with crunchy bread, warm, soft pita/flat bread.