★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 lb
- fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp
- lemon zest
- 1/3 c
- hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon
- 1In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook beans 3 to 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 2Add olive oil, lemon zest, hazelnuts, salt and pepper. Beans may be made a day ahead, chilled and covered. Reheat beans, preferable in a microwave.
- 3Variations: Use toasted almonds instead of hazelnuts and add some lemon juice to the cooking water. Omit the olive oil and substitute a slightly sweet balsamic drizzle sauce when tossing the beans, hazelnut and zest.