Green Beans Asian Style Stir Fry
- 4 c
- (21 ounces) green beans rinsed and ends trimmed
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- cloves pressed or grated garlic
- 1/2 c
- divided water
- 1/4 c
- low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- hoisin sauce regular or gluten free
NOTE: YOU MAY WANT TO DOUBLE THE RECIPE. IN MY HOME. 2 OF US EAT ALL OF THE BEANS.
How to Make Green Beans Asian Style Stir Fry
- 2Place 2 TB oil in a nonstick pan or Wok. Let oil heat on high temp. before adding green beans. Add in the green beans. Sir fry for a few minutes. Add in a 1/4 cup of water. Reduce heat to medium. Cover the beans. Check every minute. uncover the green beans and toss with spatula. The beans should about halfway cooked through. If not add a little bit more water.
- 3Uncover and let water cook off. When water cooks off. Add in some more oil. Toss beans. Add in the garlic and quickly stirfry until garlic is golden brown. About 2-3 minutes. Not burnt! The beans will take on a little bit of brownness as well. Add in the quarter cup of water, and sauce. Cook tossing the green beans. Cook until liquid reduces to half.
- 4Add in some more oil. Toss beans. Add in the garlic Add the hoison sauce. Mix to distribute well. stir fry for A few minutes . All liquid should have cooked off by now. Remove from heat and serve.