Green Bean Casserole with Crispy Shallots
Rose Mary Mogan
It is one of the side dishes that I made for my huspands SPECIAL APPRECIATION DINNER FOR THE TWO OF US. The original recipe is from Better Homes & Gardens CHRISTMAS Cooking from the HEART, BUT I MADE A FEW SLIGHT CHANGES. All for the better in my opinion.
There is this cheesy gooey cheese sauce that is to die for, the flavors are awesome. The addition of the mushrooms & Carribean Veggies makes all the difference in color & flavor.
- 1 lb
- thin green beans
- 1/2 -3/4 lb
- carribean veggies(squash,broccoli,green beans & red bell pepper )
- 1 lb
- fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp
- dried thymed crushed
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 tsp
- each kosher salt, & coarse black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- half & half
- 1/2 c
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c
- olive oil (i used extra virgin)
- 4 large
- shallots, i cut in half & then sliced thin or use chopped onion
How to Make Green Bean Casserole with Crispy Shallots
- 1Pre Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray a 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole dish with butter or cooking spray, and set aside till needed.
- 8While green beans are baking prepare the shallots. Heat oil in a large skillet, add sliced shallots when oil is HOT, being careful not to over crowd pan, and cONTINUE TO COOK TILL SHALLOTS ARE golden brown. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon, onto paper towel to drain. When casserole is done, top with crispy crunchy shallots, and serve while hot.
- 10Dinner is now served, with the Pork Wellington cooked to perfection. Paired wonderfully with the confetti Topped Potatoes and the green Bean Casserole topped with Crispy shallots. This is a dish that will cost you a bit of money to pull it all together & TIME but I know there is someone in your life that is worth it. After all it is the holidays, and you like me have a lot to be thankful for. ENJOY