Greek Green Beans in Tomato Sauce (Fasolakia)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch
- red pepper flakes
- 28 oz
- can tomatoes, diced or 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 lb
- green beans, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- handful parsley, chopped
- handful dill or fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 c
- feta cheese, crumbled
How to Make Greek Green Beans in Tomato Sauce (Fasolakia)
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- 3Add tomatoes, green beans, oregano; salt and pepper and simmer until the beans are soft; about 40 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, mix in dill and parsley and serve garnished with feta cheese.