Granny Sandy's Simple Salad
- head of iceburg lettuce
- 1/2 c
- sweet onion (yellow, red or white)
- 4 oz
- medium cheddar cheese (e.g., colby longhorn)
- 1/2 c
- miracle whip salad dressing
- 1/4 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Granny Sandy's Simple Salad
- 1Clean the lettuce and core it, then either tear or shred it into strips or bite-sized pieces; place in salad bowl.
- 2Dice onion into very small pieces and add to lettuce.
- 3Cut cheddar cheese into very small cubes(do not shred) and add to lettuce.
- 4In a separate small bowl, mix salad dressing, salt, pepper, vinegar and sugar. Mix well until sugar is dissolved and dressing is smooth and creamy.
- 5Refrigerate both bowls. Right before serving, add dressing to lettuce and toss well. If salad appears a little "dry", make a little more dressing and add, as required.
- 6NOTE: If you just can't bring yourself to use Miracle Whip, then substitute mayonnaise, but add an extra tablespoon of sugar.