Granny Sandy's Holiday Baked Corn
1 mediumonion, diced
1 mediumbell pepper, diced
2 can(s)cream corn
2 boxcornbread mix (small box, e.g., jiffy)
8 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
8 ozsour cream
How to Make Granny Sandy's Holiday Baked Corn
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease (or spray) a 9x12 baking pan or casserole dish.
- On the stove top, melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and bell pepper; sauté until soft.
- Add cream corn and dry cornbread mix to the skillet and stir well.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until edges of cornbread are lightly golden.
- Remove pan from oven, top with shredded cheese, return to oven and bake another 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- To prevent crumbling, allow cornbread to sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into 3x3 squares. Serve slightly warm with a dollop of sour cream on top of each square.