Granny Sandy's Holiday Baked Corn
How to Make Granny Sandy's Holiday Baked Corn
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease (or spray) a 9x12 baking pan or casserole dish.
- 2On the stove top, melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and bell pepper; sauté until soft.
- 3Add cream corn and dry cornbread mix to the skillet and stir well.
- 4Pour batter into pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until edges of cornbread are lightly golden.
- 5Remove pan from oven, top with shredded cheese, return to oven and bake another 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- 6To prevent crumbling, allow cornbread to sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into 3x3 squares. Serve slightly warm with a dollop of sour cream on top of each square.