Glazed Butternut Squash
The pumpkin maple butter I found in jars similar to apple butter at Costco. You can substitute almost any jelly or fruit butter with similar results.
Tip: To turn butternut squash into cubes, peel with a vegetable peeler. Cut off the bulb of the squash. Slice bulb in half; remove and discard seeds. Slice top portion of the squash into 1/2 inch thick planks. Slice planks into sticks, then those into cubes. Slice bulb into cubes in the same way.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2-3 lb
- butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 c
- pumpkin maple butter (or more)
How to Make Glazed Butternut Squash
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spread pumpkin maple butter over squash cubes in a large casserole dish.
- 2Bake, uncovered, about an hour or until squash is tender.
- 3Stir gently to coat with the syrupy juices that will collect in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- 4I put a little fat free cool whip on top to turn this into dessert. For those not watching their diet, ice cream would be great. It tastes a bit like pumpkin pie.