GERMAN HOT NOODLE SALAD
This is a hearty dish that can be served as a salad or as a side dish. I have tweaked it just a bit because I prefer cooked celery rather than raw. Enjoy!
2 cwide egg noodles
1 csliced celery
1/4 conion, chopped
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1/8 tspground mustard
1/4 ccider vinegar
2 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
How to Make GERMAN HOT NOODLE SALAD
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add noodles and celery. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until both are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Crumble and set aside.
- Reserve 1 Tbsp. drippings in the skillet. Saute onion until tender. Stir in sugar, flour, salt and mustard; add water and vinegar.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the noodles and celery; add to skillet. Add parsley and stir until heated through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with bacon.