3 ceach of sliced carrots,cooked - green tomatoes, cut in chunks - celery cut in chunks - pearl onions peeled and cooked or from jar
3 ceach cut and cooked, green beans - lima beans - cauliflower chunked
3 ceach cut and cookedcabbage - cucumber,thick slices, some peel on
2red bell peppers , large chunks
3 1/2 cvinegar
1 Tbspgarlic powder or diced fresh
1/2 tspmustard seed
2 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Garden relish
- Cook or steam each vegetable separate al dente.
- Then combine all vegetables in a large bowl and fill 8 quart jars -leaving 1 inch head-space.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil boil 2 minutes.
- Pour over vegetables in jars- wipe rim of jar and seal.
- This recipe doesn't call for it but I always boiling water bath for 15 minutes.