Fully loaded corn
Irisa Raina 9
When I serve this as a side dish, I’ll add about 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter to the pot, and then warm it on a very low heat.
If you can’t find Chipotle spicy sweet pickles use a zesty bread & butter pickle.
And this corn can also be served cold as a salsa “ do not drain “ with tortilla chips…so good!
Tonight I served this cold with grilled steak, a garden salad, and toasted french bread.
- 1 – 16 ounce bag frozen corn “ defrosted “
- 2 medium/large jalapeno pepper “ chopped “
- ¼ cup red onion “chopped “
- ½ cup green onions “ white and green parts “ chopped
- 1 cup roasted red peppers “ chopped “
- ½ cup sweet smoky chipotle pickles “chopped “
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ pickle juice
- sea salt& fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter “ if you’re serving this warm”
How to Make Fully loaded corn
- 1In a small pot simmer the vinegar, sugar, water and pickle juice till the sugar has completely dissolved, this usually takes about a minute. Once the sugar has dissolved simmer for 5 minutes and turn off and let the brine cool down.
- 2Seed and remove the pith from on jalapeno pepper but keep it in the other one.
- 3Meanwhile chop the jalapeno peppers, the red onion, green onions, roasted red peppers and sweet pickles.
- 5After that time, mix the corn into the vegetables’ and refrigerate for at least 1 more hour, or overnight. The longer it sits the better it taste.
- 6Before serving taste for seasonings, salt and pepper if necessary.
- 7You can serve the loaded corn either cold or warm.