Fried Cream Corn
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This one brought back childhood memories for me! These classic flavors are sweet and rich, perfect for summer. The Test Kitchen
12ears fresh corn (cut from the cob and scraped)
1/2 chalf and half
6 slicebacon (cut in thirds and browned)
1/2 tspblack pepper
How to Make Fried Cream Corn
- Brown the bacon in a cast iron pan or heavy skillet on medium to medium-high until browned.
- While the bacon is cooking, in a large bowl mix the corn salt, black pepper, sugar, and flour. Stir until mixed.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the corn mixture and cook stirring occasionally to keep from sticking.
- Halfway through, about fifteen minutes, add the half-and-half, and butter and cook another few minutes before adding the bacon.
- Add the bacon and cook another five minutes the bacon becomes heated again.
- Serve with your favorite meat, green vegetable, and bread. Enjoy.