FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON, ONION AND GARLIC
- 6 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 large head cabbage (cored and sliced)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
How to Make FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON, ONION AND GARLIC
- 1Place the bacon in a large stock pot and cook over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon and save to add at finish.
- 2Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion caramelizes; about 10 minutes.
- 3Immediately stir in the cabbage and continue to cook and stir another 10 minutes.
- 4Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes more.
- 5When cabbage is tender, crumble and add the bacon and serve.