Fried Cabbage Pasta
1 lbrotini pasta or gluten free rotini
1 mediumonion, yellow
1 mediumgreen cabbage, shredded
2 largecarrots, grated
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper (optional)
How to Make Fried Cabbage Pasta
- Bring a pan of water to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until slightly undercooked. Drain and set aside.
- Slice a medium onion.
- Mince garlic.
- Quarter and core head of cabbage.
- Shred cabbage in food processor.
- Peel and shred carrots.
- Melt butter on medium in another large pan.
- Cook onion in melted butter for 5 min.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 30 sec.
- Add shredded cabbage and carrots.
- Stir to combine and cook for about 8-10min
- Season cabbage mixture with salt, pepper, and red pepper.
- Add pasta to cabbage mixture and continue to cook over medium heat while stirring.
- Cook until pasta is done.