FRESH CORN BOILED ON THE COB/ Jewel's Way.
- ears of fresh corn, purchase with a fresh shuck on
- water for boiling corn
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 stick
- butter, unsalted
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
How to Make FRESH CORN BOILED ON THE COB/ Jewel's Way.
- 1Find a(dutch oven size) boiling pot that has a lid to fit and handles on each side that you can grasp the pot and lid at the same time with potholders.You will need this step at the end so they need to fit securely. The pot needs to be wide enough so the ears of corn can lay cross ways in the pot. (If necessary break ears of corn across in center to create two sections.)
- 2Remove shucks from ears of corn, discard shucks. With a sharp knife cut ends off each ear of corn and check for any bad spots which can be removed with a sharp knife. Remove corn silks, I use a dry paper towel to brush them off. Place corn in pot and fill with water to almost half full. Place on high heat until the water begins to boil. Turn heat down to low/simmer and place lid on pot. Cook about twenty minutes, turn stove off but leave pot on stove with lid on until all food is ready to be served. Maybe 10 minutes.
- 3Mix olive oil, mayonnaise, and butter. (Chopped parsley if you want it.) In a small bowl. Set aside.
Grade the parmesan cheese into a small bowl and set aside. YOU CAN DO ALL THIS WHILE CORN IS COOKING.
- 4When the corn has cooled a bit, take it to the sink, holding on to pot both sides with potholders and with the lid still on. Carefully sit the pot with lid into sink. We want to keep the heat in the pot. Slide the lid back a couple of inches very carefully, tilt pot over and drain water from corn. Drain it well. If any corn falls out quickly place back in pot. Immediately put lid back in place and with pot holders sit pot back on stove.
- 5Pour Mixture of olive oil, mayonnaise, and butter into pot. Firmly hold lid to pot and shake real well to coat ears of corn. Remove lid and sprinkle parmesan cheese on corn (and Parsley if you choose), Put lid back on and with pot holders on each side shake the pot up and down again a few times. Serve immediately. THIS IS NOT COMPLICATED AFTER ONCE OR TWICE YOU WILL BE A PRO IN QUICK ORDER.