Fresh Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad
5 csweet white/yellow corn kernels (8 cobs)
2 1/2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tspkosher salt
2 1/2 Tbspsugar
1/4 tspground black pepper
4 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
1 ptcherry tomatoes, halved (use a little less if you like)
1/2 cdiced red onion
1/4 cfresh basil, thinly sliced
How to Make Fresh Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad
- Make an ice-water bath by filling a large bowl halfway with water and ice and put it to the side.
- Bring a large pot of salted water (about 2 tablespoons) to a boil over high heat.
- Cut kernels from the cob, add to boiling water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and put cooked corn in a ziploc bag and submerge in your ice water bath to stop the cooking process (you may need to use a can to hold the bag underneath the water bath), about 10 minutes. Be sure to let all the air out of the ziploc bag before closing.
- Combine the lemon juice, salt, sugar and pepper in a large, nonreactive bowl. While continuously whisking, add the olive oil in a slow stream until nicely mixed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the cooled corn and toss until well coated. Serve cold or at room temperature.