Fresh Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad
Note: If you aren't a cauliflower fan, this recipe works just beautiful with broccoli alone.
- 1 large
- bunch fresh broccoli, chopped (use the stems, too)
- 1 large
- head of fresh cauliflower, broken in flowerettes
- 1 medium
- purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 c
- chopped pecans (can use walnuts if you prefer them over pecans)
- 3 c
- mayonaisse (may use 'light' mayo)
- 3/4 c
- 6 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar (no substitutions)
- 1 pkg
- real bacon bits
How to Make Fresh Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad
- 1Chop broccoli & cauliflower away from stalks, using broccoli stems; rinse & set aside.
- 2Mix mayonnaise, sugar, chopped onion & vinegar together.
- 3Toss chopped broccoli, chopped broccoli stems & cauliflower into mixture; stir until coated well.
- 4Chill several hours (chilling overnight tastes best)
- 5Before serving, stir in the raisins & chopped nuts & garnish with bacon pieces.