I like using the pre-cut mixed in with what I chop myself, because there are two different textures; what I chop myself is crispy, a little thicker, and the pre-cut is thin. It comes out to be a good balance.
1bag pre-cut coleslaw cut cabbage and carrots (i used fresh express)
1/8green cabbage head
1/8red cabbage head
5heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 pkgvegetable soup mix (i used knorr vegetable recipe mix)
1handful fresh dill
How to Make Fantastic Coleslaw
- Empty pre-cut coleslaw into collander and rinse thoroughly.
- Wash carrot and cabbage heads. Pat dry.
- Put pre-cut coleslaw into a big bowl. Finely slice up the cabbage and add to bowl.
- Clean carrot with a vegetable peeler. Rinse peeler. Use peeler to peel carrot slices into coleslaw bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayo and vegetable soup mix. Then incorporate that into coleslaw bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and dill, mix, taste, add more salt / pepper if you need to.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with fresh chopped dill. Enjoy!