Family Secret Carrots
How to Make Family Secret Carrots
- Bring chicken broth and anise (whole cloves or seeds) to a boil in the bottom of a vegetable steamer pot.
- Cut fresh carrots diagonally to create larger, flatter slices (for pretty presentation).
Fill the top portion of the vegetable steamer pot with carrots. Cover, reduce heat. Do Not Overcook.
- Remove top portion of vegetable steamer (with carrots still inside) and allow cold water to run throgh carrots to stop the cooking process.
- Discard anise broth, rinse bottom portion of vegetable steamer and return to stove heat.
Melt butter, crushed pineapple and brown sugar to pot and stir until heated through.
- Add cooked carrots to pineapple mixture and stir very gently to coat. Allow carrots to heat through over very low heat. Remove from heat to prevent over-cooking.
- Presentation: Serve carrots on a pretty plate or in a bowl. If preferred, garnish with a tiny bit of flaked coconut and sprig of parsley.