Eggplant with Parmesan
Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
8-10 largefresh eggplants (sliced lengthwised)
3 largeeggs, beatened
1/2 call purpose flour
1/4 cmilk, whole
1 tspmrs. dash (garlic blend)
3 Tbspolive oil (for baking eggplants)
24 ozspaghetti sauce mix (garlic & herbs)
2 cpanko bread crumbs
1 1/2 cmozzarella cheese, grated
1 1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Eggplant with Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large flat baking dish with olive oil.
- Slice eggplants about 1/4" lengthwise. Use a shallow bowl to make your batter. (Mix eggs, flour, milk and Mrs. Dash) Add sliced eggplants into the batter and mix well.
- Use a separate shallow bowl for Panko bread crumbs. Coat each slice of eggplant with panko generously, then line them up closely on the greased baking dish. Bake for 15min. or until light golden brown.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, coat the bottom of the dish with about 3-4 tbsp. of spaghetti sauce mix. Then line the baked eggplants closely together, follow sprinkle generously with mozzarella cheese, followed with parmesan cheese. Repeat the layers until all eggplants is used. Top the layers with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese, sprinkle more panko. Drizzle olive oil over the cheese for browning.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20min. or until all the cheese is melted and light brown in color.