Easy Grilled Summer Squash
2 mediumzucchini or yellow squash
3 Tbspolive oil
2 tspvinegar, preferably apple cider or red wine
1 tspfresh thyme, removed from stems
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Easy Grilled Summer Squash
- Note: I like to cut and season these before prepping the rest of my food to be grilled. That way, I don't have to worry about cross-contamination with meat. Plus, it gives the seasoning time to soak in a bit. I also make sure these are one of the last things I grill because they don't require a lot of heat, so if you're grilling on wood or charcoal they can go on as the fire is starting to die down. If you're grilling meat, you can put these on as soon as you take your meat off. By the time these are done, it should have allowed enough time for your meat to properly rest, which means everything is done at the same time!
- Rinse off squash and quarter lengthwise, place on a large plate skin side down
- Drizzle squash with olive oil, honey, and vinegar.
- Sprinkle with thyme and paprika, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on grill skin side down over medium heat and turn occasionally. Cook until tender, about ten minutes.