EASY FRIED SUMMER SQUASH
How to Make EASY FRIED SUMMER SQUASH
- 1Approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours before serving time, in a plastic food storage bag, shake together cornmeal and salt; set aside.
- 2Wash & dry squash; cut off stem & blossom ends; slice into rounds that are approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- 4Place several layers of paper towels on a 1 1/2 foot length of aluminum foil or heat-resistant plate/platter; set next to stove.
- 5After the squash has been in the cornmeal for an hour or two, pour oil into large skillet.
- 6Heat oil on stovetop over medium-high heat.
- 8Fry squash, turning frequently, until light golden brown on both sides (I use tongs or a fork for turning.) You may need to lower heat slightly toward the end of the first batch.
- 9Remove to paper towels as desired browning is achieved. Continue adding squash to hot oil, as space permits.
- 11Any leftover cornmeal mixture may be stored in refrigerator for the next time you fry squash, okra etc...