Easy Deep Fried Summer Squash
- 3 or 4 medium
- yellow summer squash
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 large
- 3/4 c
- flour (preferably self rising, but all purpose will work)
- 3/4 c
- corn meal (preferably self rising, but plain will work)
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Easy Deep Fried Summer Squash
- 1Wash the squash and slice off the ends and discard. Slice squash into thin slices, about 1/8" thick. Set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, combine egg and milk, mixing thoroughly with fork. In another shallow bowl or plate, combine flour and corn meal.
- 3Dip squash in milk mixture and then roll in flour mixture, coating both sides.
- 4Drop into hot oil (375 degrees) into a deep fryer. Fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to let the grease drain. Do not drain on paper towels or the squash will become soggy.
- 5After a few minutes, transfer to a serving dish and salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
- 6Note: You may increase or decrease flour and meal as necessary.