Easy Broiled Tomatoes
How to Make Easy Broiled Tomatoes
- 1In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs, cheese, Italian Seasoning and salt. Mix will to blend flavors.
- 2Preheat broiler in your oven.
- 3Place the sliced tomatoes on foil lined broiled tray or shallow pan.
- 4Sprinkle about 1 1/2 teaspoon of crumb mixture on each sliced tomato. Drizzle each tomato with olive oil. ( additional Monzorella cheese can be place on each if desired ). I doubled the crumb mixture recipe because I had so many tomatoes.
- 5Place under broiler for about 4 to 5 minutes. ( don't place the tomatoes too close to the broiler or they will burn ). Check on them often and watch them until the tomatoes are hot and the topping is brown and bubbly
- 6Remove from oven and serve with your favorite meal. These go well with most anything.
- 7Some of my flavor variatons:
- 8*Use green or yellow tomatoes instead of red.
*Spice them up by adding 1/4 teaspoon crushed red
pepper to breadcrumb mixture.
*Subsitute 1 teaspoon of tyme leaves for Italian Seasoning.