DICKE BOHNEN MIT SPECK (BROAD BEANS WITH BACON)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 oz
- german or american bacon, chopped
- 1/2 large
- onion, chopped
- green onions
- 2 lb
- fresh fava beans, shelled
- 1 c
- beef broth
- 1 tsp
- chopped summer savory (may use thyme or oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- sour cream
- chopped parsley for garnish
How to Make DICKE BOHNEN MIT SPECK (BROAD BEANS WITH BACON)
- 1Cube the bacon and fry in a large skillet to release the fat. Saute the onions until translucent, then add chopped green onions and saute 2 more minutes.
- 2Add the shelled fava beans and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring. Add the broth and summer savory (thyme or oregano). Add salt to taste, and pepper.
- 3Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes or until the beans are soft. Ten minutes before the end of cooking time, remove the lid to reduce the liquids.
- 4Stir in the sour cream and heat but do not boil. Garnish with fresh, chopped parsley and serve with boiled potatoes.