DEUTSCH ZWIEBELKUCHEN (ONION PIE)
Recipe & Photo: allrecipes.com
How to Make DEUTSCH ZWIEBELKUCHEN (ONION PIE)
- 1Place the prepared dough in a large pizza pan, making sure dough extends up the sides of the pan.
- 2In a large skillet, saute the onion until translucent and pour the cooked onion into a large mixing bowl. (May have to saute in several shifts.)
- 3Place the bacon in the same skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, chop and add to onion; mix well.
- 4Stir in the sour cream. In a separate bowl, beat eggs to break up yolks; mix into pie mixture. Add flour to thicken; add salt.
- 5Mix well and pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with caraway seeds.
- 6Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for about 1 hour, or until onions start to turn golden brown on top.